What’s the best way to pack a trombone for shipment?
If you do it right you will minimize the chance of incurring damage to your instrument during the shipping process. Follow these simple steps.
- Secure the bell and slide sections in its case. Pack the inside of the case with paper or bubble wrap to insure that nothing can move around.
- Secure any movable objects like mouthpieces in their compartments so that they don’t become loose during shipping and bounce around in the case.
- Latch the case and reinforce the latches with a little shipping tape.
- Put the case in a cardboard box large enough so that you can pack the side walls of the box with shipping fillers sytrofoam peanuts , bubble, wrap, or paper, so that the case doesn’t move around in the box.
- Use strong shipping tape to secure the outside of the box.
- Insure the instrument with your shipper for the full value.